Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Color Trends '09

I found the Pantone Color Forecast for Spring '09 and it is very beautiful. Eye Spy put together a great article about each of the colors and their take on the palette. Check it out! I have to say I feel very in-trend having painted my living room 3 lovely shades of colors resembling Lucite Green last summer!
Nosing around the Pantone website I also found that they announced the 2009 Color of the Year...drumroll please...Tah-dah!

In a time of economic uncertainty and political change, optimism is paramount and no other color expresses hope and reassurance more than yellow.
"The color yellow exemplifies the warmth and nurturing quality of the sun, properties we as humans are naturally drawn to for reassurance," explains Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. "Mimosa also speaks to enlightenment, as it is a hue that sparks imagination and innovation."

I wasn't sure about the color but I like the thinking behind it. Happy Year of Mimosa!

Background-for anyone not familiar with Pantone,

In 1963, Lawrence Herbert, Pantone's founder, created an innovative system for identifying, matching and communicating colors to solve the problems associated with producing accurate color matches in the graphic arts community. His insight that the spectrum is seen and interpreted differently by each individual led to the innovation of the PANTONE® MATCHING SYSTEM®, a book of standardized color in fan format.
The color fan is mesmirizing. I get so excited to see all the different colors and see them as opportunities! I don't have to do too much color matching in my business but if you're looking for a color Pantone will be able to show it to you!

No comments: