Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Take Action Tuesday

Thanks to a few good friends I started reading blogs a couple years ago to keep up with their lives and their kids. It has been something that I used to spend just a few minutes with every week or two. Over the last few months I have spent increasingly more time reading blogs and even writing my own now (thanks for reading!). The whole idea of blogging is somewhat strange because you tend to pour your heart out, at least those are the blogs that I enjoy reading the most. A few weeks ago I read on one of my favorites, Design Mom, about another blogger that has quite a following and had been in a small airplane accident. In the three weeks or so since the accident there has been a tremendous outpouring of love and support. So much so that the New York Times and even the Today Show ran stories about it. They have raised money for the care and recovery of Stephanie and Christian and brought to light a special bond that resides between relative strangers in the 'blogosphere' as it is called.
The fact of the matter is there are many such stories all over the blogging world, and each of them are special. Whether it is funny photos of the family pet or updates on a grave situation, everyone is telling their story. So for Take Action Tuesday this week I encourage you to get to know your blogging neighbors. You don't need to have a blog of your own to participate, so reach out and cyber-touch someone (and don't forget to leave comments, blog authors LOVE comments!). A great place to start is with any one of the blogs below-they have a TON of links to others, see where you end up!
fabulously green
I'm an Organizing Junkie
Just Beachy

http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/techchron/2007/03/05/blog_illo499x461.gif
*BONUS* Leave a comment about what you found! And, for every comment you leave on my blog in the month of September on any of my posts you will be entered in a drawing for a fabulous prize. Tune in near the end of the month to see the prize, but I promise it will be great and something everyone can use!

No comments: